- Intercape Parcel service is a 48 hour counter to counter service. The service does not include collection/delivery. Positive proof of identification i.e. Green barcoded ID book, passport or driver’s license is required for sending and receiving of parcels. The person responsible for collection of parcel must be indicated and valid contact details are required.
- The cost of transport of parcels is charged taking into consideration the true weight and volumetric weight of the parcel/consignment. The highest of either the true weight or volumetric weight will be used to determine the cost of the parcel/consignment. All consignments are however subject to a minimum set charge and the calculation above is only applicable where the weight of the parcel/consignment exceeds the minimum set charge. The cost of transporting a shipment can be affected by the amount of space that it occupies on a Coach/Trailer, rather than the actual weight. This is the volumetric (or dimensional) weight. In clarification, the volumetric weight of a shipment is a calculation that reflects the density of a package. A less dense item generally occupies more volume of space, in comparison to its actual weight. The volumetric or dimensional weight is calculated and compared with the actual weight of the shipment to ascertain which is greater; the higher weight is used to calculate the shipment cost. L X W X H / 4000 = VOLUME
- Maximum length per parcel is 2 meters
- Cash, EFT Transfers, all major credit and debit cards are accepted methods of payments.
- Upon acceptance of a parcel/consignment, Intercape will issue a waybill. This waybill is proof of the agreement of transport between Intercape and the purchaser of the waybill. The terms and conditions of this waybill are the entire agreement between the person paying for the waybill and Intercape.
- All persons or their property entering an Intercape vehicle and/or property owned by Intercape or under its control, do so entirely AT THEIR OWN RISK.
- Intercape is not liable for any loss or damages (including consequential or special damages or loss of profits), loss of life, bodily injury or damage to or loss of property, of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused, and whether or not caused by Intercape, its directors, its officers, servants, agents or any other person acting on behalf of Intercape, arising out of or connected in any way with the transportation or non-transportation by Intercape of any passenger or persons and/or their property, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Intercape or any person acting for or controlled by Intercape.
- IntercapeParcel service does not include any cargo insurance. All clients should ensure that they are adequately insured. Intercape is not responsible for any loss or damage to a client’s cargo or goods, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of Intercape or any person acting for or controlled by Intercape.
- Certain goods are restricted for cartage due to transit restrictions or their hazardous nature. It’s the responsibility of the sender to advise Intercape Parcel Service if the goods are of hazardous or dangerous nature, and the necessary documentation must accompany the consignment. Intercape shall not be liable for any damages suffered as a result of a clients failure to inform Intercape of the nature of Hazardous goods transported.
- Hazardous (dangerous) material listed below WILL NOT be accepted for transportation under any circumstances or conditions: Acids, batteries containing liquids acid, explosives, fireworks, used fuel tanks, gases in cylinder, flammable corrosive or caustic substances, poisons, radioactive materials or dry ice. Other prohibited items include abattoir products, ammunition, corpses, fluorescent signs and live animals or as in any other current legal requirements or restrictions. No illegal cigarettes, drugs or substances to create narcotics with, under any circumstances.
- Intercape transports parcels from the following Major centers: Johannesburg, Pretoria,Durban, Port Elizabeth, George, MosselBaai, Bloemfontein, Cape Town and Upington, East London, King, Williamstown, Queenstown, Nelspruit, Pietermaritzburg as well as parcels accompanied by a passenger en route, subject to these terms and conditions, that sufficient space is available on the vehicle and that prior arrangements were made with Intercape for the transport of large/and or abnormal consignments. No cross border parcels are allowed
- A cancellation fee of 10% is required should the consignment be retrieved more than 1 hour prior to dispatching there off. Once a consignment is dispatched no refund shall be given. Save for the above, all refunds require the written authorization of the national logistics manager.
- Intercape will only keep consignments in storage for a period of 3 (three) months. If the consignment is not collected in this period, Intercape will donate goods to charitable causes.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stipulated hereinabove, Intercape agrees to transport excess and unusual luggage belonging to its cross-border passengers, provided that same will reach their Intercape departure office at least one (1) working days prior to date of departure and be transported at the passenger’s own risk. Intercape reserves its right to refuse to carry or transport any luggage for any reason whatsoever. Although every effort will be made to transport these goods on the same coach scheduled to convey the passenger, Intercape reserves its right to transport the goods with any vehicle or by any suitable means. To this end, Intercape does not guarantee, or purport to agree to any specific arrival times for the goods and Intercape do not accept any liability for any loss or damage incurred, or inconvenience caused, for delayed delivery of goods. Intercape reserves the right to refuse the carriage of luggage that does not comply with these conditions
- Intercape reserves the right to inspect all consignments suspected of containing any of the above-mentioned items. It should be noted that any failure to comply with the above instructions may lead to confiscation of the shipment as well as legal proceedings.