We have a vacancy for a Mechanical Supervisor to join our team in Pretoria.
The successful candidate will be responsible for our bus and truck fleet consisting mostly of Scania, Volvo and MAN coaches and Merc trucks.
We are looking for a confident, determined and results-driven individual who is eager to learn and grow in the company!
Vehicle Inspections and General Repairs:
- Sign-off and ensure all vehicle details are accurately recorded on the job card system.
- Ensure defects recorded on the job card system are sufficiently repaired before signing-off.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding inspection sheets.
- Ensure all special tools and equipment is available and in working condition.
- Manage workshop flows and efficiency levels.
- Manage parts required (requisitions, correct parts, availability).
- Act as final sign-off on all job-cards (accountable for all work completed).
- Ensure job-cards are closed on system.
- Adhere to manufacturer’s specifications as specified in all related technical areas (electrical, mechanical, body, tyres and trailers)
- Manage analytic tools are utilized effectively.
- Manage the following (minimum) technical areas:
- Technical Stores
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety is managed at all breakdowns.
- Responsible for cleanliness of vehicles.
- Responsible for cleanliness of working environment.
- Manage all parts used in an orderly and responsible manner.
- Conduct performance reviews as stipulated by company policy and procedures.
- Act as leader and mentor to peers and sub-ordinates.
- Manage productivity levels in all workshops.
- Ensure effective communication between technical employees and management.
- Manage all shift hand-overs.
- Daily briefing and debriefing meetings to be conducted.
- Submit daily feedback and report to workshop managers.
- Ensure staff comply with uniform (PPE) standards.
- Ensure staff comply with Health and safety regulations including Covid regulations.
Effective utilization of all systems used in Intercape:
- Log all related information on company system as required by policy.
- Understand all company system available and value that can be gained from these.
- Responsible to ensure the correct information is loaded by technical staff and reflects accurately on all internal systems at all times and on a continuous basis.
- Responsible for effective utilisation, accurate capturing, and thorough record keeping on all systems relevant to perform daily tasks within department.
- Manage any breakdown from call received to solution implemented.
- Obtain all relevant information from crew.
- Ensure problem is analyzed and probable causes identified.
- Complete all relevant documentation and update log-book with breakdown information.
- Report extent of problems outside own responsibility to Workshop Manager / Operations immediately after assessing situation.
- Provide feedback and complete breakdown report directly upon returning from breakdown.
- Ensure break-down vehicles are filled and cleaned after each break-down.
- Ensure correct tools and equipment are available for breakdowns.
- Have a proficient knowledge of the company, its divisions, associates, people products, service and website.
- Enjoy working independently as well as be part of a team.
- Assist as required in the technical department.
- Be focused on providing work of an extremely high quality.
- Be prepared to work shifts.
- Must have own toolbox.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Trade Test Certificate (must be a qualified mechanic, auto electrician or coach builder)
- Computer literate.
- 5 years’ experience in similar position/role.
- Code EC license with PDP.
- Must have own toolbox.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place