We are recruiting for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our finance team!
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPA’s)
- Account Reconciliations, Month-end Reporting & Monthly/Weekly/ Daily Responsibilities:
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the reconciliation of the General Ledger per entity (Core & Africa “C&A”).
- Ensure all accounting journals are reviewed by the FM and filed with supporting documentation (C&A).
- Prepare the reconciliation for all sub-ledgers and nominal ledgers and ensure they reconcile (C&A).
- Monthly reversals of the prior month future income, accruals (C&A) and foreign currency translation journals (Africa) prepared and submitted to Financial Manager for review.
- Foreign currency translation journals prepared for current month and submitted to Financial Manager for review (Africa).
- Prepare inventory journals and reconciliations (Core).
- Prepare accrual and provision journals and reconciliations (C&A).
- Assist with the clearing of suspense accounts on a daily basis as directed by the Financial Accountant and Management (C&A).
- Prepare the reconciliation of payroll related costs to external payroll reports (C&A).
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the preparation of intercompany balances and transaction reconciliations (C&A).
- Ensure management is immediately informed of any unresolved issues or discrepancies that pose a potential risk to the business (C&A).
- Ensure management accounts provide an accurate reflection of monthly business results (C&A).
- Debtor Account Reconciliations, Processing & Account Managing (Core):
- Ensure account reconciliations and matching are done timeously and accurately.
- Ensure all journals (correcting and reallocation) are accurate and validated and signed by the preparer and Debtor Manager.
- Assist with processing of journals and receipts in SAGE as needed.
- Ensure long outstanding items are cleared or items that cannot be cleared has valid reasons with supporting documentation.
- Ensure all shortages of cash are timeously followed up on and resolved and where applicable that short forms that comply with legal requirements are completed and sent to HR.
- Ensure all outstanding items are resolved timeously.
- Ensure management is immediately advised of discrepancies to highlight potential theft and/or fraud cases or unresolved issues.
- Ensure monthly that all sub ledgers, general ledger and age analysis’ are in balance with each other.
- Ensure all cash count sheets reconcile back to records in the accounting package and that any reconciling items are resolved timeously.
- Product Knowledge and utilisation of all systems used in Intercape:
- Ensure up to date knowledge of the product (SAGE/MOVE/BOOKING SYSTEM) and taking initiative in broadening own skills in the use of the product
- Responsible for effective utilisation, accurate capturing, and thorough record keeping on all systems relevant to perform daily tasks within department
- Responsible to ensure that you have received training on SAGE/MOVE/BOOKING SYSTEM/all other applicable systems
- Completed Admin:
- Ensure company finance and admin policies, procedures and time requirements are adhered to at all times
- Ensure procedures and deadlines are adhered to at all times
- Assist with Audit preparation and filing
- Managed Risks:
- Assist with cost reduction by identifying and suggesting innovative ways of sustained cost reduction across the business.
- Service Oriented Environment & Supplier Relations:
- Ensure professional impression is maintained at all times
- Ensure respectful communication with customers when handling queries
- Ensure good relationships and teamwork with other staff and provide assistance to resolve queries.
- Ensure good relationships exist with suppliers, inter-company departments and related parties
- Ensure a positive attitude, teamwork, punctuality, integrity, respect and professional reputation is maintained as an ambassador for the company.
- Ensure impeccable personal appearance
- Ensure self-motivation and accuracy in accounts and processes are adhered to
- Assist by providing personal commitment to suggest ways of doing things differently, improve performance and increase the value for all.
- Understand the Value of Intercape.
- Ensure effective communications with customers, suppliers and colleagues and full participation in VBM meetings.
- Take initiative to ensure regular feedback.
Minimum 5 years relevant experience