We are looking for a qualified Auto Electrician to join our Pretoria team on a fixed term contract starting on 01 June 2021.
1 x Permanent Contract
1 x Temporary Contract
Vehicle Inspections and General Repairs:
- Ensure all vehicle detail is accurately recorded on the job card system.
- Ensure defects are comprehensively recorded on the job card system.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures regarding inspection sheets.
- Ensure all vehicles electrical systems checked are handed to Electrical Supervisor fully completed.
- Ensure all fault codes are repaired and cleared on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all special tools and equipment is available and in working condition.
- Complete all related faults identified.
- Log all other identified faults found on vehicle.
- Responsible to hand completed job-card to Electrical Supervisor to be signed-off in a timeous manner.
- Adhere to manufacturer’s specifications as specified in the Electrical Manual available in workshop and Impact Computer System.
- Ensure analytic tools are utilized effectively.
- Ensure the following (minimum) aspects are fully understood and can be repaired and maintained as required:
- Clutch related functions
- Brakes operations (EBS and ABS)
- Basic Air Systems
- PC Boards
- Air cons
- Looms and connections
- Destination Boards
- All interior and exterior lights
- Toilet fans & flushing systems
- Air Suspension (mechanical and electrical checks)
- Body and control panels
- DVD and Audio visual equipment
- All electrical work on trailers (plugs and wires)
- All general & relevant product electrical checks.
- Ensure dash-board clusters are in a working condition.
- Ensure post-repair check-lists are done.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure safety is managed at all breakdowns.
- Responsible for cleanliness of vehicles.
- Responsible for cleanliness of working environment.
- Manage all parts and wires used in an orderly and responsible manner.
- Manage any breakdown from call received to solution implemented.
- Obtain all relevant information from crew.
- Ensure problem is analyzed and probable causes identified.
- Complete all relevant documentation and update log-book with breakdown information.
- Report extent of problems outside own responsibility to Workshop Manager / Operations immediately after assessing situation.
- Provide feedback and complete breakdown report directly upon returning from breakdown.
- Ensure break-down vehicles are filled and cleaned after each break-down.
- Ensure correct tools and equipment are available for breakdowns.
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Enjoy working independently as well as be part of a team.
- Assist as required in the technical department.
- Be focused on providing work of an extremely high quality.
- Be prepared to work shifts.
- Must have own toolbox.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Trade Test Certificate (must be a qualified auto electrician)
- Computer literate (MS Office/Excel)
- Min 5 years’ experience working on Coaches / Trucks
- Code EC license with PDP preferable.
- Must have valid passport