Book your seat
|Tel:||+27 (0) 21 380 4400|
Terms and Conditions
TICKET CONSIDERED PROOF OF AGREEMENT:
1. On the face of it, this ticket is proof of the agreement of transport between INTERCAPE, the purchaser of the ticket and the passenger. The terms and conditions on this ticket are the entire agreement between the passenger and INTERCAPE.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY:
1. All persons entering an INTERCAPE vehicle and/or property owned by INTERCAPE or under its control, do so entirely AT THEIR OWN RISK.
2. INTERCAPE is not liable for any loss or damages (including consequential or special damages or loss of profits), loss of life, bodily injury or damage to or loss of property, of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused, and whether or not caused by INTERCAPE, its directors, its officers, servants, agents or any other person acting on behalf of INTERCAPE, arising out of or connected in any way with the transportation or non-transportation by INTERCAPE of any passenger or persons and/or their property, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of INTERCAPE or any person acting for or controlled by INTERCAPE.
1. Passports are compulsory on all cross-border routes and remain the sole responsibility of the passenger. INTERCAPE accepts no responsibility for passengers who are not in possession of proper and valid travel documents, or where entry to any country or territory is refused to any person for any reason. No passenger shall have any claim of any nature against INTERCAPE or its appointed agents, should he/she be prevented from undertaking or continuing with any journey as a result thereof.
2. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the passenger makes the following declaration:
3. I HEREBY DECLARE THAT I INTEND TO CROSS AN INTERNATIONAL BORDER INTO A NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY. I ALSO DECLARE THAT ALL MY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING MY PASSPORT, ARE VALID AND THAT MY PASSPORT HAS MORE THAN THIRTY DAYS BEFORE EXPIRY DATE.
4. I ALSO DECLARE THAT I AM IN POSSESION OF MY VACCINATION CARD AND THAT ALL MY INOCULATIONS ARE UP TO DATE AS PRESCRIBED BY THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES.
5. I HEREBY GIVE AN UNDERTAKING, THAT IF ANY OF THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE FALSE, THAT I WILL BE RESTRAINED FROM TRAVELING FURTHER AND WILL DISEMBARK FROM THE COACH AND THAT I WILL RETURN TO THE DESTINATION OF MY CHOICE, AT MY OWN COST AND PER MY OWN ARRANGEMENT.
6. I HEREBY INDEMNIFY INTERCAPE, OF ANY OBLIGATION TOWARDS MYSELF TO TRANSPORT ME TO ANY DESTINATION AS PER TICKET OBTAINED, AND THAT NO FORM OF REFUND WILL BE CLAIMED DUE TO INCORRECT TRAVEL DOCUMENTS.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS AND TRANSFERS:
1. Cancellations, refunds and transfers are possible for all INTERCAPE tickets booked in Full Flexi and Flexi classes. Tickets booked in the Saver class can be refunded exclusively with travel vouchers (valid for 3 years from the date of issue of the voucher), which vouchers may only be used in the circumstances described in the terms and conditions stipulated on the relevant vouchers, or may be cancelled, refunded or transferred when upgraded to either the Flexi or Full Flexi classes.
2. Transfer/upgrade fees may be levied by INTERCAPE when upgrading/transferring to a higher fare booking class or different date and/or time.
3. INTERCAPE will issue a refund of 90% of the original ticket value for cancellations more than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time, but for cancellations within 3 hours of the scheduled departure time, no refund will be issued, provided that a full refund will be issued for all cancellations resulting from death or hospitalisation of the person in whose name the ticket has been issued. INTERCAPE will apply 90% of the original ticket value towards the purchase of a new ticket for transfers more than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time, and for transfers within 3 hours of the scheduled departure time, 75% of the original ticket value will be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket.
4. Cancellations must be done telephonically or at any INTERCAPE office nationwide. Positive proof of identification will be required, which must be faxed to the relevant INTERCAPE office if the cancellation is done telephonically. No cancellation can be done when a ticket has previously been transferred.
CREDIT CARD PURCHASES:
1. In the case of credit card bookings made via website or INTERCAPE’s call centre (i.e. card not present), the cardholder must present the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s) and his/her ID document on boarding any INTERCAPE vehicle or at an INTERCAPE office 24 hours (or more) before the scheduled departure time. Alternatively, a copy of the front and the back of the relevant credit card, together with a copy of the ID document of the cardholder must be faxed to the INTERCAPE call centre, as well as signed permission that the cardholder gives authorisation that the transaction may be completed and is valid.
TIMETABLES AND SCHEDULES:
1. Whilst INTERCAPE will make all reasonable effort to keep to its scheduled timetables, INTERCAPE does not guarantee any arrival or departure times, and it does not accept any liability for any loss or damage incurred by any passenger, or inconvenience experienced by any person, due to a delay or cancellation of any service for whatsoever reason, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of INTERCAPE or any person acting for or controlled by INTERCAPE.
2. INTERCAPE reserves the right to cancel any of its services for any reason without prior notice. INTERCAPE will not be liable for loss or damages incurred by passengers as a result of such cancellation, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of INTERCAPE or any person acting for or controlled by INTERCAPE.
3. INTERCAPE makes every effort to ensure connections with other transport operators, where appropriate. However, no liability can be accepted by INTERCAPE for loss or damage caused by any failure to make such connections with other transport operators, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of INTERCAPE or any person acting for or controlled by INTERCAPE.
1. Children under 12 years will not be allowed to travel alone on any INTERCAPE vehicle, and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian older than 18 years.
2. Children between 13 and 18 years will be allowed to travel alone, on condition that a prescribed INTERCAPE indemnity form has to be completed by the legal guardian or parent in respect of each unaccompanied child.
3. No unaccompanied children under 12 years will be allowed on cross-border routes.
4. Children younger than 18 months will travel for free on all INTERCAPE vehicles.
5. Special requirement for cross-border services between RSA and Zimbabwe: Any child under the age of 17 will not be allowed to travel with a person holding him/herself out to be his/her parent, without such person presenting an affidavit from the other parent, giving his/her consent for the child so to travel. Any child under the age of 17 will not be allowed to travel with a person holding him/herself out to be his/her guardian, family member or non-family member, without such person presenting an affidavit from both parents, giving their consent for the child so to travel. The aforesaid affidavit has to be in possession of the adult passenger accompanying the child, and available for inspection, at all times during the journey.
1. Should you have a complaint in respect of INTERCAPE, you should inform INTERCAPE as soon as possible after the incident. INTERCAPE will unfortunately not consider any complaints after the 7-day period has expired.
1. Passengers must be at the departure points 30 minutes prior to the departure time as reflected on the ticket. The check-in closes 10 minutes prior to departure.
2. Any passenger arriving later than 10 minutes before the departure time as reflected on the ticket, will not be allowed to travel and the ticket will be made available to standby passengers on a “first come first served” basis.
1. Visitors to Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique & Botswana must ensure that they comply with the various health regulations and are reminded that these countries have malaria and mosquitoes and that a prophylaxis should be taken before leaving South Africa or Namibia.
1. Unless INTERCAPE and a passenger agree otherwise, and at the sole discretion of INTERCAPE, each fare-paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and AT OWN RISK, two pieces of luggage, each of which does not exceed 80cmx60cmx30cm in size, of a total mass not exceeding 20kg. The kilograms as weighed by INTERCAPE’s scales will be the chargeable kilograms.
2. INTERCAPE reserves the right to charge an additional rate per kilogram for luggage exceeding 20kg in total.
3. INTERCAPE reserves the right to refuse the carriage of luggage that does not comply with these conditions.
4. Passengers should obtain an INTERCAPE luggage sticker when boarding. Unaccompanied luggage will not be carried.
5. INTERCAPE is not responsible for loss or damage to passengers’ luggage, hand luggage or personal effects, except if such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of INTERCAPE or any person acting for or controlled by INTERCAPE.
6. INTERCAPE does not provide any insurance cover for its passengers, their property or luggage. All passengers should ensure that they are adequately insured.
7. INTERCAPE will not participate in any way whatsoever in the transportation of drugs, weapons or illegal items and will co-operate in full with the authorities in any country, to prevent the transportation of these items on its vehicles. No bicycles, electronic equipment, fishing rods, surfboards, abnormal boxes, plastic carry bags and perishables will be carried. The carrying of firearms, ammunition and/or fireworks is not permitted on any of INTERCAPE’s vehicles.
8. Large items must be carried in the luggage compartment and loaded only by INTERCAPE’s employees, agents or other persons acting on behalf of INTERCAPE.
9. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stipulated hereinabove, INTERCAPE agrees to transport excess and unusual luggage belonging to its cross-border passengers, provided that same will reach their INTERCAPE departure office at least two (2) working days prior to date of departure and be transported via INTERCAPE’s parcel services, at the passenger’s own risk. INTERCAPE reserves its right to refuse to carry or transport any luggage for any reason whatsoever. Although every effort will be made to transport these goods on the same coach scheduled to convey the passenger, INTERCAPE reserves its right to transport the goods with any vehicle or by any suitable means. To this end, INTERCAPE does not guarantee, or purport to agree to any specific arrival times for the goods and INTERCAPE does not accept any liability for any loss or damage incurred, or inconvenience caused, for delayed delivery of goods.
1. With the exception of trained guide dogs accompanying blind passengers, no pets will be allowed on INTERCAPE’s vehicles.
1. Tickets are valid for the use only by the persons to whom they are issued and for the date and time shown thereon. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that the correct information is shown on the ticket. Any alteration to a ticket will render it invalid.
2. Any change requires the re-issuing of a replacement ticket by INTERCAPE and an administration fee may be levied, provided that the issuing of an incorrect ticket was not as a result of INTERCAPE’s negligence or wilful misconduct.
3. Passengers are not allowed to break their journey unless separate tickets are issued at the appropriate fares for each individual journey.
4. Only tickets purchased from INTERCAPE agents will be valid and binding for any INTERCAPE journey for the dates and times they have been issued for. Any tickets obtained from any other place or person not being an INTERCAPE agent, will be void and the bearer of such tickets shall have no claim whatsoever against INTERCAPE and/or any of its directors, officers, servants, agents or any other person acting on behalf of INTERCAPE for any damages herein.
1. INTERCAPE reserves the right to refuse to transport or continue to transport, any passenger(s), provided that such refusal shall not result in any unfair discrimination.
2. INTERCAPE will not refuse the transport of passengers merely based on the fact that they are physically challenged. INTERCAPE reserves the right to revise seat allocations without prior notice and to operate substitute vehicles of a different standard from those advertised.
3. Fares are subject to change without prior notice from INTERCAPE.
4. No agent, employee or representative of INTERCAPE has the power to amend or waive any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, without the approval of the passenger in question.
5. Smoking and the use of alcohol or drugs on any INTERCAPE vehicle are prohibited and forbidden by law and shall not be allowed on INTERCAPE’s vehicles. INTERCAPE reserves the right not to transport any passenger who enters any INTERCAPE vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
1. We have introduced family friendly material promoting the Gospel on all routes.